This is the day tha tthe Lord has made, we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

Salmon Falls Prims

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ceramic Eggs





~As we draw closer to Easter I am reminded of so many things that I am thankful for. So many memories of celebrations as my children were growing up. Preparing Easter clothes... the little suits, white shirts and bow ties that would adorn my little boys. The Cinderella dresses,little white lace socks, hats, gloves, pocket books for two sweet little girls with their hair in curls and ribbons and bows. As they grew and had a little more say about their "outfits" there was usually a lot of discussion, but in the end the choices that they made were very suitable for a mom that was so thrilled to be seated in a pew at church with all of her little children surrounding her.


Each year we bring out our ceramic eggs. These are the eggs that I designed for my husband and I and for our four children. There is one for each with the names on the back.


~Years ago my Aunt Peggy had a ceramic studio and she gave lessons. A few of us ladies from the family used to gather on Monday nights for "therapy" as Aunt Peggy would call it. You see we were going through a rough time in our life., my mom had been diagnosed with cancer and she was the glue that held the family together as most moms do. We would gather and talk and support each other all the while making cute little artistic designs. I guess that is why traditions are so important to us, they represent all of the changing times in our life and it is a little piece of stability we can hold onto as the world swirls us round like a spinning top- kinda like a hug..................... Happy Tradition making in your family ~Sara











































No comments:

Post a Comment