This is the day tha tthe Lord has made, we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

Salmon Falls Prims

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! and our Thankful Tree.

 

pumpkin pi

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and share a few pics of our "Thankful Tree". I was inspired by Aunt Ruthie over at Sugar Pie Farmhouse. She is such a talented, wonderful, Godly woman with so many ideas. She is so willing to share and is always  uplifting. You can find her over on the side of my blog,  just click on her picture and head on over to check out all of  her wonderful posts.

Well onto what I have come up with this Thanksgiving......

tg treeeee

This is our "Thankful Tree"

tg tre

We have placed pictures of  "old family" and  "new family". Lot's of memories here. Pictures of our children when they were small, and this picture is  one of my parents when they were dating. They have both been gone for many years now. We have also added some little tags and on the back are different  thankful scripture verses.

 Like  Psalm 100~

    

1 Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
2 Serve the LORD with gladness;
         Come before His presence with singing.
3 Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;[a]
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
         Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
5 For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
         And His truth endures to all generations.


   

tg tr

This is a picture of my husbands parents many years ago at a Thanksgiving gathering.

tg tree

and my boys being silly...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This year I am so thankful for all of the little things in life that we all take so much for granted. We have had a rough year, but we will all be together and are truly thanking God for what he is doing in our midst. My nephew is back in the states from Afghanistan,  all of the guys in the family have jobs, and everyone is healthy right now. We will be thinking of friends that have a family member  in the rehab recovering from a stroke (long battle, but he is alive and we are all thankful for a longer time that they can share each other's lives.) God is good, His mercy endures forever!

 

norm roc

 

Well there is food to prepare and bake, I must be getting back to it. We will have a house full in the morning for the parade. You know the song....."Over the River and Through the Woods"......

over the river

Well they will all be here at Grandma's,  and Papa's.  We are having breakfast all together, as some will be off to work later in the day and some will be heading over to the in-laws. So at breakfast we can all be together. I am going to make a breakfast casserole with maple sausage, bacon and eggs. We will also have  cinnamon rolls,  cranberry/orange bread, and I think my daughter will be making another breakfast casserole.  But I am sure there will still be room for dinner later in the day, when we will have all of the usual Thanksgiving Dinner traditional "Good Eats". Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, roasted squash, well you know. I also was having a hard time coming up with a centerpiece and I decided on something a little different. This creation came about during a little trip to Trader Joes today with my daughters and the grandchildren.

gvthanx

I will leave you with a picture of my "well dressed bird". Have a wonderful day with family and friends and remember the reason we are all together today.

tg

"True Thanksgiving means that we need to thank God for what He has done for us, and not tell Him what we have done for Him."
~George R. Hendrick~

Thanksgiving Blessings

~Sara

2 comments:

  1. Sara~ Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.Warmest Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Sara! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete