This is the day tha tthe Lord has made, we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

Salmon Falls Prims

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Out of ideas……Can you help??

 

thanks greetings

I am hosting Thanksgiving Dinner here for the first time in three years, and I am at a loss for a table centerpiece, settings etc. Maybe it’s because I got rid of so many “things” that I used to have when we moved form Back East. (And some were “lost” as well) Maybe it’s because we are in a new setting here in California and it just “feels different'. Maybe I am just over thinking it and just need to be simple in my thinking and save my energy for Black Friday Shopping with my girls! lol Oh I don’t know. But I would be open to some ideas if anybody would like to share.  One thing is for sure, I am going to have to empty my hutch of all it’s contents to set the table. It seems like I just tweaked it to look nice, and now I have to empty it.

fall 3

fall 5fall 4

fall house

 

 

Well that’s ok, because as soon as Thanksgiving is over I will be putting those dishes away and I will be getting out my Christmas dishes ! I Can’t wait!! Everything is still boxed up, so it will literally be like Christmas opening all of the boxes and remembering what I have. We moved in February and things went from being out at Christmas to boxes ready for moving. Also I was sick for a few months, so most of the packing was done by my hubby and son (I so appreciate all that they do for me, they are wonderful), sooooo…. I really don’t know what I will find it the “boxes”.  I do however have a couple of my Christmas mugs waiting in my hutch to take out.

christmas mugs

 

You see  I had four of these mugs that belonged to my mother and when she passed away I inherited them. When we moved form NH and all of our extended family, I gave two to my younger sister and told her to text me and we could use our mugs to have coffee together even though we were 3000 miles away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also haven’t forgotten about a giveaway. I almost have it all together. I will be back in a few days to share it with you. What I do know is that I need to expand my followers, so it will be a giveaway including sharing my blog. Haven’t figured that out yet. But anyway it will be something nice, only for a few days and will be shipped as soon as possible so that the winner can use it for Christmas.

~~~~~~~~~

I have had many bloggers that I have followed and commented on for a long time say they didn’t know I had a blog??!! hhhmmm Maybe I am doing something wrong??! Again- I need some more help, and ideas. Thank you all that do follow, I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and help and support that you have given me so far. There are so many wonderfully talented and special people out there and I count it a real joy for having gotten to know them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is the little things in life that bring the most joy. I am so thankful for family and for the life God has given me.. How about you?

happy thanks

Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving!

Blessings ~Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment