This is the day tha tthe Lord has made, we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

Salmon Falls Prims

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Days of wine and roses……and my New Shoes~ Go Pats…..

 

 

The weather has been so dreary here lately. We have had downpours. Many of you have had snow, especially north of us in Washington and Oregon. They really took a beating. We have been dumped on as well, but ours came as rain, and lots of it. We had more rain in just a few days, than we have had in months. I guess we are finally getting some winter and have passed our dry spell. Today the sun was out and it sure felt good.     GEDC0041

  I needed a little pick-me-up, so I went out and visited my favorite place to find flowers~ Trader Joes! They always have awesome bouquets and very inexpensive.

Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.  ~Henry Beecher

GEDC0033

It did the trick! Sure made the room seem a little brighter.

"Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land."

Song of Solomon 2:12

GEDC0037

Tonight we will be having two of our grandchildren for the night. I have the hot cocoa mugs and popcorn all ready for them. Now to get the extra energy to keep up with them….hhhmmm. I have to work on that one. But fun we will have!! I think we will do some crafts, that is always entertaining.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow is a big day, for all of you football fans. We are cheering for the Pats over here. Once a New Englander always a New Englander. Although, everyone around us are “Niners” fans. Sooooo this should be interesting (especially for hubby who has to work with all of those dedicated fans)!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well off to make some goodies for the weekend, I am not quite sure what yet. Maybe I can get the kiddos to help me. YESSA!!! I am excited for a fun night. That’s all for now. Just want to share my new shoes with you though~ I will be wearing these tomorrow. Now will they go with my game jersey???

shoes

Have a blessed weekend!

~Sara

Go Pats!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Hey Sara, I guess we should both be glad it is rain and not snow. I love your flowers, also the mugs and pop corn! Those shoes are sooooo cute. I cannot wear that high heel anymore but I still love them! It is NOT age.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even think about watching football tomorrow. I am still in denial of my Packers being beat last weekend. Of course the way they played...they deserved to be beat. But still...PLEASE be careful in those shoes...they probably would not be a real good idea for chasing grandchildren in, lol! It always cracks me up when I see ladies walking through the mall in such shoes, much less those with kids doing it!!! I just think...that CAN NOT be comfortable!! Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, the flowers are beautiful. There were tornado warnings here in SC today. And bucket and buckets of rain. I SO LOVE those mugs and the spoon rest. Can they be purchased on line? Enjoy your time with the grands. They are just precious aren't they. Haven't seen mine for 10 days but we are heading for home tomorrow. Take care and stay dry. Oh cute shoes!!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am hoping the Patriots win. Your flowers are so pretty, but of course the star is always salt glaze stoneware. I have
    a pitcher almost identical to yours. I like lots of jugs and
    pots with lids, I like to keep my sugar and flour in them.
    I have a big 2 gallon crock with lid that has my sawdust from
    hubba's shop to stuff my pinkeeps. Love your stoneware!
    We got snow today, a few inches. It's pretty.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness Sara..L*O*V*E, L*O*V*E, L*O*V*E your shoes..how gorgeous are they??? I hope your team wins..luv Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! Love your post! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore those snowmen mugs and as for the shoes. I would surely fall over as I haven't wore heels in years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flowers are beautiful! I buy myself a fresh bouquet every once in awhile throughout the year. It's always nice to have beautiful flowers around.

    Looks like your set for the grandkids! I'm sure you all had a great time.

    Those shoes are something else, I can just see myself breaking my neck in those, lol. But they are sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you get them? I REALLY NEED them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did u make those heel of buy them form tommy

    ReplyDelete