This is the day tha tthe Lord has made, we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

Salmon Falls Prims

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful for all of the Veteran’s~

 

The 11th hour of the 11th day of the  11th month………

We have so many things to be thankful for in this beautiful country of ours. Today  I am thankful for all of those that have served! They have given us the right to to be free and open with our opinions. We can use our words to heal or harm. The choice is ours.

GEDC1110

Today I would like to thank all of the men and women that have sacrificed for me.  If you are like me, you know several people that have given their life and dedicated it to serving this country. Some have given the ultimate sacrifice with their lives. Some have escaped narrowly and wondered why it wasn’t them. You can read about my father in law and his service in Hickam field HERE . He was on the ground when they were attacked in Hawaii so many years ago.  I am thankful for the family I have today, because he was spared.

 GEDC1355

 

 

I am also thankful for my two son in laws and for their service to our country. They served in the Navy, sometimes out at sea for such long periods of time. Not being in touch with family must be so hard. We learned a lot about the loves of those young men when our daughters were dating. We shard holidays with many of them that were away from families. Thank you Roy and Joshua!

Wedding Photos 027

So many other people to thank, my brother, has given his whole life to the service. He has been in the Army since he was 18. He has been to Kuwait, and on missions all over the world. His son returned a short while ago from Afghanistan. There have been grandparents~ world war 1, Uncles~ Korea, stationed in Puerto Rico, cousins …..well you know. It touches us all in some way. So thankful for all that we have today. Blessings for a good weekend…..remembering

~Sara

GEDC1082

 

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.                 

II Chronicles 7:14

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sara......wonderful warm post.........we must never forget........ Your Son-in-laws are very brave men.......Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara, your post brought tears to my eyes. Please thank your wonderful family members for serving our country, I appreciate them and am so thankful for them. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I agree with Farmhouse Prims. Your post really does bring tears to my eyes as well. Our Veterans are really so brave and deserving. I also love all of your prim patriotic goods.

    ReplyDelete