This is the day tha tthe Lord has made, we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

Salmon Falls Prims

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Fancy Hats and Mint Juleps

brea racing2

 

wed pic

Well I have been known to wear some funky hats~  you know the early 80’s …..

wed pic3

…..and then there are the grandchildren’s requests… well you know!

 

hats

Today was the 140th running of the Kentucky derby~ Did you wear your fancy hat? And did you have a Mint Julep? Well it was won by California Chrome~ owned by a couple from Yuba City, California. Yuba city is about 2 hours south of us.

 

I have never been much into horses, but lately they are intriguing.

Our daughter in law to be loves horses. She is a barrel racer and  she also  trains them.

 

brea racing1

She has about 5 or 6 now and she trains them and gets them in shape for barrel racing.

brea racing3

horses

This is one she is selling~ so beautiful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was also a special day~ Our oldest daughter and son in law have been married 6 years already!

wed pcs

IMG_3820

We had the girls today so they could go out for a little bit. So much fun with them. aaahhhh another reason we moved across country.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well- hope that you are all enjoying the beautiful spring weather. Things are in full bloom here IMG_3968IMG_4050

and the weather has been quite hot already.

IMG_3991

I have started to get some plants for the patio.

grdn8

and starting to get out my Americana!!!

IMG_4026

I have some Americana out all year round! I also fly the flag year round as well.

flagss

Have a great Sunday!

Blessings~Sara

3 comments:

  1. I love your hats! I have a cousin who owns some horses and she is crazy over them.
    I think horses are beautiful! Love your flowers and your Americana decor. Happy Anniversary to your daughter and hubby. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful beast she is selling!! Lover of horses all my life. Have a friend whose daughter does dressage and I love seeing the grace and connection between horse and rider. You have a beautiful family and as usual I loved your pictures. BTW I was pulling for Calif Chrome as I loved the story behind it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a Beautiful horse ~ I would have a hard time letting him go.
    Beautiful decor ~ I always love to see your decor!
    Hasn't been that warm here ~ the breezes are kinda cool ~but things are starting to pop out.
    Love your many hats!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete